The Government of Ireland has announced a second scheme to credit every domestic electricity customers’ account with €600 during 2022 and into 2023, due to the rising wholesale costs of electricity.
This credits will be applied to eligible domestic Pay As You Go (PAYG) and bill pay electricity Meter Point Reference Numbers (MPRNs) on supply with Pinergy.
The Credits will be applied as per the rules of the Scheme;
- First payment period will be up to 31st December 2022.
- Second payment period will be up to 28 February 2023.
- Third payment period will be up to 30 April 2023.
Pinergy will make the first set of payments by November 18th 2022.
Customers do not need to take any action. Each credit will be €200 (incld VAT).
- For some Pinergy Classic customers you may need to activate the Government credit when you next make a top-up payment of at least €10. It may take up to 3 top ups to claim the full €200 credit.
- Customers on bill pay will see the credit on their invoices.
- If you share an MPRN with other homes, then the credit will be applied equally up to the value of €200 across all Meters.