PINERGY puts you back in control of your spending. Here are some useful electricity saving tips to help you maximise your savings.
- Choose light bulbs carefully.
- New compact fluorescent bulbs screw in the same as regular (incandescent) bulbs, but use only about one-quarter to one-third the energy and last longer.
- Install dimmer switches.
- They use less energy and let you enjoy a choice of lighting levels for different tasks.
- Use LED lights instead of Halogen bulbs this may require a change of fitting.
- A television in standby mode can use up to as much as half the electricity as when it is switched on.
- Curtains can cut heat loss in half if they have an insulating liner.
- Let your curtains hang loose and be sure they don’t block radiators.
- Vinyl shades and quilted curtains help cut heat loss.
- Shutters and blinds don’t work as well because air travels through their open spaces.
- Close curtains on north-facing windows to keep the chill out in winter.